Friday, October 5, 2012

Enid High School Class of 1962 50th Year Reunion


After many long months of planning, the class of 1962 held their 50th year reunion on September 29-30, 2012 in Enid, Oklahoma.





I felt useless most of the time, but I did work hard with the Facebook page and  the souvenir orders.
Here is the official picture of our little group.


Friday night we all met at the Elk's Lodge for hours of talking and laughing.



Then Saturday morning some of the kids met at Enid High School and toured the newly remodeled school. To me a school is a school but I am grateful that Brian took pictures. Here are a few.





Saturday afternoon we all met at the Groendyke Lodge situated on Lake Hellums some 6 miles north of Enid on Lake Hellums Road. Lake Hellums was a local resort in the 40's-50's and I remember going there with the family on picnics and playing in the lake.



I guess over the years it became polluted and was shut down. 

Here are some final pictures of the reunion evening.




A good time was had by all. I'm glad I went but my best high school friend wasn't there. Donna Peck Faught. She has had health problems so couldn't drive at night. What's that?

This was something I wanted to do because I never attended any of the other reunions. Each time was a dramatic story -- 1972 - in Central America, 1982 - my mother threw a fit although the kids and I took the bus from Pittsburgh to attend. 1992 - during school year so I was working. 2002 - during school year and we had spent most of the summer there. So now in 2012, there were no excuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment